Access from Microsoft Office Outlook
To set up Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 (2013 is similar):
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Go to File > Info > Add Account.
- Select the checkbox Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
- Select the Internet Email option and click Next.
- Specify the following:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Account type. If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option. If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option.
- Incoming mail server. Type your email server from your new account welcome email. For example, mail.example.com. If you were given a SSL-safe address, like mb.osiriscomm.com, please use that.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP). Type your email server from your new account welcome email. For example, mail.example.com. If you were given a SSL-safe address, like mb.osiriscomm.com, please use that.
- User Name. Specify your full email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password. Most likely, this password is unique for each email address created..
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Leave this option cleared.
- Click More Settings, open the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Incoming server "Use the following type of encrypted connection", choose SSL.
- Under Outgoing server "Use the following type of encypted connection", choose Auto.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587.
- For Root folder path, please add: INBOX
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.